Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday weekend, charting, update

The weekend was nice and relaxing. I saw my brother and it went really well. I explained what was going on with us and he felt really bad about the timing of it all. I told him I was already planning knitting and quilting projects for my new niece or nephew.

. . . . . . . . . .

Charting has helped me feel less anxious about this process overall. I feel more informed. But, my chart is all over the place. Fertilit.y frien.d keeps telling me I am waiting for ovulation. No shit!

I had a promising looking dip three days ago, which might have been ovulation. Still waiting to see what happened.

. . . . . . . . . .

Although FF is still waiting for ovulation, I have been having some questionable symptoms. (TMI warning!) Since Saturday afternoon I have been having some sharp twinges and achiness on the right and left of my lower abdomen. Yesterday I had some yellowish/brownish spotting, just once. Since then, the achiness has moved to the middle of my pelvis. This morning I woke up feeling like I had done crunches or sit ups. This could all be nothing, cysts, or...

I am trying to wait as long as possible before testing. Since my cycles have been unpredictable (nonexistent), and FF has not indicated ovulation, I have no idea when I would have ovulated, if I did.

3 comments:

  1. It also took me a while to figure out how FF works but once you get the hang of it, it can be helpful. Keep at it if it makes you feel like you know what's going on, it did that for me! I am glad you had a nice talk with your brother and explained what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mare, I am glad to hear that charting has made you feel less anxious about TTC. I remember when I started it made me feel more in control about what was going on with my cycle and over a period of a year I discovered patterns in my cycle. I hope you get good news soon and that your chart shows that surge you have been waiting for.

    I don't know if you know about The Stirrup Queen and the brilliant ICLW initiative she has set up. If not it's worth looking into it in order to find others who are also going through similar paths as the one you are on. Mel's blog is jammed packed with lots of useful info and links!Check it out here: http://www.stirrup-queens.com/a-whole-lot-of-blogging-brought-to-you-sorted-and-filed/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura! I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete