Friday, September 17, 2010

broken record

My body and emotions are like a broken record.

Body: Like a record that keeps skipping, my body keeps trying to ovulate. This morning marks three mornings in a row of positive opks. At this point, I think the F.irst R.esponse opks are too sensitive for me. I have read that women with PCOS can have elevated LH levels, which I think I do, and that opks are not good predictors of ovulation. As for the chart, I had a huge temp drop yesterday with a small 0.2 degree (F) rise this morning. Last night and this morning, for the first time, I have had good amounts of eggwhite cervical fluid. The jury is still out on ovulation. In a few more days I will know for sure.

Emotions: I DON'T WANT TO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS I WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON NOW I HATE WAITING AND NOT KNOWING. This cycle started off peacefully and I was determined not to obsess. I was doing well with stress management... until this morning. When that damn opk turned positive... instead of the excitement I felt the last two mornings, I started feeling this cold edge of anxiety creep in. What if I just have too much LH? What if FR opks are too senstive? The presence of the fertile cervical fluid just confused me.

chart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking it looks good for you - hopefully this morning your temp just shot on up there. Sometimes I have slow rising temp changes after O, maybe that's what going on for you?

    Also, I totally hear you on the I DON'T WANT TO WAIT I WANT TO KNOW NOW business. Right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet friend I wish I could be there to give you a hug. I know how hard cycling can be and how each month we promise ourselves that we will stop obsessing and stop looking at every sign and symptoms but then we fail to stick with it and we start obsessing all over again. It's a vicious circle...

    Keep blogging and keep sharing those feelings.. you are not alone sweetie!! Rooting for a positive ovulation sign so you can rest for a while! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know how you feel. i wish i didn't :(

    sending hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete