Sunday, September 19, 2010

first anniversary

Yesterday was mine and P's first anniversary! We went into P.hilly for the night and stayed until today. We went to dinner, had some drinks, walked around the city, and had some of our wedding cake. It was so nice to stay in a nice hotel and forget about things for a while, even if it was literally ten minutes from our house. This morning we slept in, ordered room service for breakfast, walked along the water at P.enn's L.anding and took a slow ride home.

As we got closer to home, I felt the anxiety and stress creeping back in. It was so nice to be free from it for a while, but it was here waiting for me when I got back. My temperature still has not gone up and I feel like my premonition is coming true: 100 mg of clomid is not going to make me ovulate. Of course, there is a small possibility that ovulation might occur in the next few days, but I am on cd 18 and it does not seem likely. I will keep up hope though and try to keep a positive outlook.

Although I am struggling with emotions this afternoon, the weekend was great. P is such a loving, patient and supporting spouse. I feel so blessed to be his wife. Marriage has been such a positive part of my life, just like I knew it would be with him.

I would give anything to be able to make him a father. It really hurts that I haven't had a chance.

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary sweetie! I am so happy to hear you were able to have such a great time away with your husband! It really helps to get away once in a while and switch off from everything!

    Hope the feeling of happiness and relaxation will accompany you through the week.. sending you positive thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Hoping your body kicks it into gear for you soon but so glad to hear you enjoyed a lovely weekend with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary hon.

    if it helps i've never ovulated before day 18 - and ovulated later when i took soy, 'nature's clomid' - retch.

    fingers crossed for you hon x

    ReplyDelete