Wednesday, October 13, 2010

IUI scheduled for tomorrow!*

The appointment went well. I had one mature follicle on my left ovary that was 22 mm, and a bunch of 10, 9, 8, and 6 mm follicles on both. Dr. M offered us three options: 1. go home and have timed intercourse; 2. hcg trigger with timed intercourse; or 3. hcg trigger with IUI. Dr. M felt that the IUI was the best option, especially because I have had no cervical fluid at all on this dose of clomid, and because I only responded with one mature follicle. Dr. M said that often, women who respond with only one mature follicle, they might not respond at all in the next cycle.

At first, we decided to do the trigger and timed intercourse. We discussed it more as we waited to get the hcg trigger and changed our minds. We are doing the IUI tomorrow. We drop the specimen off at 9 AM and will get the IUI at 10:45. We both felt that we should give our one egg the best shot possible. Also, with our opposite work schedules, timed intercourse is difficult. It usually works out, but it is pretty stressful. This way, we can be sure that there is plenty of sperm waiting.

Overall, I am happy with what happened. To be honest, I was hoping for a few more mature follicles, but am obviously relieved that I responded at all.

I am going to work for the rest of the day and will request the day off for tomorrow.

. . . . . . . . . .

*edited to add:

The hcg trigger hurts like a b*tch. My whole side-arse is throbbing!

My lining measured at 9.3. I have no idea what that means. Just wanted to make sure I recorded it!

Since the appointment this morning I have been feeling grateful. I am grateful for my one mature follicle, that my insurance allows me to see an RE, and that we can afford an IUI. A few months ago, a $400 procedure would not have been possible. Thank god for P's new job!

6 comments:

  1. I think you made the right decision to go with the IUI! This is so exciting - I hope this is exactly what you need to make it happen! Go little egg - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Crossing my fingers for you that this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you the best of luck!!!!!! fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best of luck and hoping that this is THE cycle for you!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck! i'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much ladies. I love your comments so much. I wish we could all hang out IRL. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete