Wednesday, October 6, 2010

munchkins*

Munchkins from d.unkin d.onuts are little pieces of edible love and happiness (except for the powdered ones... what a let down).

After today, the munchkin is dead to me.

My office recently hired nine people. The one girl looked suspiciously... PREGNANT. Like, at least five months. I thought to myself, "Self, you are being paranoid. Stop being a bitch and staring at that poor fat girl's stomach."

Today, as I walk by this person's cubicle, she has a SIGN hanging on the outside wall announcing, "IT'S A BOY." Beneath the sign was a little table with napkins, a box of munchkins, and a smaller sign that said "take one."

I did not.


*edited to add: This is in no way directed toward any of the lovely pregnant women whose blogs I follow and love. Just a little melodramatic rant.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh doesn't suck how we can't partake in even the simplest things like the joy of a pregnancy of a new colleague?

    That's what I hate about it the most, it stops normality.

    Big hugs

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh..... I hate that munchkins are ruined forever for you. Fertiles have no idea of all the little land mines that we have to dodge everyday. Love to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - this sucks. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete