Wednesday, November 3, 2010

injectibles virgin

Tonight I stab myself for the first time! I am really excited. My first monitoring appointment is on Monday morning. This time, I am letting myself get openly excited and hopeful. The people closest to P and I know what we are beginning and have been a great support so far.

My aunt is a labor and delivery nurse and is going to help me with my first shots tonight. Two of my friends have volunteered to come over and inject me if I needed them to, since P works night shift and won't be home when I need the injections.

In other news, I have started a modified s.lim f.ast "diet." I just could not force myself to count W.eight W.atcher points, so I cancelled my membership. Yesterday morning I started s.lim f.ast and only plan to do it four days of the week. Over the last two weeks I have been eating my feelings, which has left me feeling like shit. Yesterday I really stuck to it and I already feel better today.

In the meantime, I am looking into a PCOS diet (discussed here) to begin next week. I couldn't do it right away because I need to shop for things I can eat while avoiding sugars, anything made out of wheat and oats, and foods that grow underground (goodbye sweet potato, I will miss you)... basically I have to figure out what I CAN eat, because my diet seems to revolve around sugar and carbs.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you all around. I think you will find the shots to be pretty easy, but I was admittedly freaked out the first time I had to do it. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing about reading infertility blogs is that this quote makes perfect sense: "Tonight I stab myself for the first time! I am really excited." : )

    Good luck with everything. I know how you feel about eating your feelings. I have been doing a lot of that lately and I feel pretty crappy, too. Maybe I should try slim fasts for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tonight! I hope it goes well and this cycle brings few mature eggs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to say, i give huge props to anyone who does their own shots. dh did all of mine, and the one time i did it, wasn't too bad, just took a long time for me to get the courage to stick myself. i was hoping the needle would just penetrate my skin on it's own, with no push from me :o) fingers crossed for you :o)

    ReplyDelete