Friday, November 5, 2010

Last night's injection did not go nearly as smoothly as the first! I guess the universe got me for being all "what's the big deal." First of all, I nearly forgot to do the injection. Around 9:00 I realized I hadn't taken the pen out of the refrigerator and started freaking out because the night before I took it at 8:30.

After some mad g.oogling, I was satisfied that an hour difference would not make or break my cycle. I let the injection sit out for about 30 minutes to warm up before using it (this time I left it out so I don't have to worry about it being cold). I put my second injection into my thigh, but I think I injected it too far down on my leg and was in mostly muscle, which hurt.

Then, as I was scrambling to put pressure on my leg to keep it from bleeding all over (I am a bleeder folks), I jabbed myself in the finger with the needle. It was not a pretty scene for a few minutes there. Eventually I managed to get the situation under control, but just as I was putting everything away, my cat knocked the sharps container off of the end table and it shattered everywhere. Not a good second injection.

7 comments:

  1. yikes. My ivf nurse said this to me once and it was really helpful. she said that if human error was a major issue with these injections, we would not be able to self inject. They know the shots will not be perfect and it is ok. They are monitoring you often and can make adjustments as needed. Do not stress about timing, I have done shots in a 3 hr window and it has been fine.
    Hope tonight is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. At least I know I'm not the only one who unintentionally hurts herself (I can't bake anything without burning myself on the stove!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sorry you had a rough time of it...although you definitely need a few of those ridiculous nights to remember later on with a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It gets easier the more you do it. By the end of Micah's pregnancy I was a self-injecting champ! You'll get the hang of it and learn what spots are easy and what spots to avoid because they hurt so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh friend! Welcome to the land of injections! You can't win them all I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will get the hang of this - I promise! Every one of them can't be perfect! :) How did the weekend go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I have been gone for a while and here you are doing injectiables!! I am so thrilled for you and so so excited for this cycle!! Trust me in no time you will be a pro and injections will become second nature... hang in there you are doing brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete