Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome Nomember ICLW

Hi everyone! My name is Mare and my husband is P. We have been trying to have a baby for a year now and this is my place to deal with the emotional roller coaster that is infertility. This is my second ICLW. I did October ICLW and really enjoyed finding new blogs and leaving and getting support.

Currently, I am in the two week wait after my second IUI/first injectibles cycle. The two week wait started off positively, but since last week, I have been headed downhill emotionally. I do have some symptoms (which I shared below), but for some reason I just don't feel like it worked. P thinks I am pregnant though, which is so sweet, but will make me very sad if my period shows up.

Symptoms: My boobs have been very sore since about last Friday (7 dpiui) and that continued through the weekend. My areolas are puffy and slightly darker. I am exhausted and NEED naps in the afternoon. I have had frequent headaches, which is unusual for me.

These symptoms are not reliable though because I have not ovulated in the past year (PCOS) since I have been off of birth control.... so these very well may be normal for me. I am taking progesterone, so I worry that these symptoms are just a side effect, although I did not have them at all until 7 dpiui... so maybe not (such a mindf*ck). I am trying to hold out on testing until Wednesday (13 dpiui).

Good luck to everyone and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Tiredness and headaches sounds like PG to me! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one thing I have heard about taking progesterone--its effects make the 2ww even more agonizing! Hang in there, my fingers are crossed and I'll be thinking of you. Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I am excited for you based on your symptoms. The 2ww is such a mindfuck...it's the only good word for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so very hopeful for you!!! I have everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a real two week wait in months but will hopefully be facing one in a week or so after our IVF cycle. I can't even imagine how tough it is. I know our clinic warned us that the suppositories mimic pregnancy symptoms which is unbelievably frustrating. I can't wait to see your results. I am hoping for a positive for you!! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping this is it for you, my fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The progesterone is such an awful thing - the side effects of it mirror the symptoms of pregnancy! How mean is that!? I really hope this works for you!

    I wanted to let you know I am placing my first Mary Kay order on December 3rd if you wanted to order anything. My email address is sjennings@bakeru.edu so we can coordinate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from ICLW :) I'm from outside of philly too! Best wishes on your 2ww, I'm a week through a 2ww before surgery and it never dawned on me how VERY LONG two weeks can feel. Sheesh, I think I'm anxious now, I can't wait to be peeing on everything that even looks like a stick. Sending you prayers and sticky baby dust.

    ReplyDelete