Wednesday, January 5, 2011

fifth beta

It was 5777; 51.64 hour doubling time. The doctor was very pleased with this week's betas. I feel the anxiety beginning to lessen. Maybe I can allow myself to settle into this pregnancy a bit.

The first ultrasound is scheduled for next Monday, when I will be 6w3d (it is so surreal to type that).

My feelings about this pregnancy so far are best described as cautious. Of course, I am happy, etc., but I was (stupidly) not anticipating this much stress about beta numbers.

... I really thought I could write about this, but, it turns out, I cannot. It is really hard for me to put things into words lately. Ugh. Hopefully after relaxing this upcoming weekend and NOT stressing about beta numbers I can get some of what I have been feeling into a coherent post.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing, just amazing! Oh I'm so excited to hear about the ultrasound - I'm sure it will be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mare, it's wonderful. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so so happy for you. Much love to you, your hubby, and the sweet little dear growing inside you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...

    keeping fingers crossed for you. I hate getting betas. They are so stressful and worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for excellent ultrasound results for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't keep us waiting 5 days at a time!

    ReplyDelete