Monday, January 10, 2011

first ultrasound

Everything went well this morning. There was a gestational sac and inside it there was a little flasher. P and I were amazed that we could see the little heartbeat. We saw it almost immediately. The baby measured 6w1d and the estimated due date is September 4th.

There was another shadow area that the tech measured that she said was questionable, but she said it was probably nothing. We go for a second ultrasound next Monday.

So far, the only symptoms I have been feeling are fatigue and constipation (lovely). I had one dizzy spell when I had gone too long without eating, but that is it. It is probably too early to call yet, but, I don't think I will have morning sickness. My Mom did not have it with any of her four pregnancies... but we will see I guess.

This is beginning to feel real.

15 comments:

  1. Yay, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had a shadow thing as well, that also turned out to be nothing... just enjoy the moment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congratulations!! Seeing the heart beat register is such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAY!! I had my first ultrasound at exactly 6 weeks and measured the same. :D

    I had another this last week at 8 weeks and it's CRAZY how much the lil nug has grown.

    Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Hopefully you can go m/s free. I got m/s from 9-14 weeks. Who knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - this is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful. I'm so glad this is starting to feel real. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations!! I just featured you as one of my successful Blog Love ladies!! Woohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read back on your posts but CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting to come back and find you pregnant. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother didn't have morning sickness but I did. Congratulations, and I'm crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you are still doing well honey. you are 7 weeks now! that's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i missed this! YAY!
    hugs,
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey hon... are you OK? been a little while. i'm thinking of you and hoping all is well xxx

    ReplyDelete