Wednesday, February 2, 2011

yesterday (9w2d)

I had my last appointment with my RE, Dr. M.anara, and my first OB appointment! The RE did a final ultrasound, which was incredible. We saw the baby two weeks ago and it was a flashing tiny blob; yesterday, the baby looked like a baby. There were two arms and two legs and the arms and legs were moving. We were truly amazed. I didn't realize how nervous I had been about what was going on in there until after the ultrasound, when I cried tears of relief all the way home.

The OB appointment was boring in comparison: peed in a cup, gave blood, had a pelvic exam, discussed screening tests, and was told what foods to eat, etc. This appointment made me feel... pregnant.

After the OB appointment, I drove back to the RE's office to donate my left over Follistim. It felt good to give it away. It felt like I was really believing in this pregnancy. I hope and pray that women who otherwise could not afford injectibles get babies out of that box.

6 comments:

  1. isn't it crazy how they grow?

    the thing that i still can't get my head around is how they go from a blob to a creature who has waking periods and sleeping periods.

    i'm so glad things are going well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful - I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely news. I'm so glad to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Congratulations on your pregnancy :). How exciting to be able to graduate from your RE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how are you doing mare? hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your pregnancy is progressing well!! So happy for you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete