Friday, May 18, 2012

in which i b*tch

stuff that sucks:
  • the new blogger does not agree with my work internet browser and i cannot upgrade it... so you know, on the random day i actually have time to blog, i won't be able to.  also, hey blogger, your iphone app SUCKS and i hate blogging with it.
  • my house looks like a herd of wild beasts tore it apart after a tornado blew through.  A is army-crawling everywhere and i am afraid she will fill up on fuzzies and crumbs before dinner ;)  also... she could get lost under an avalanche of dirty or clean (who knows which at this point) in any given bedroom. 
  • feuding with one of my coworkers.  the feud is technically over, but he now hates me and it wears on me.  the backstory is too long and dumb to go into.  short story:  he dates a co-worker.  the co-worker is (was?) my friend.  they fight all the time and bring that crap into the office.  they use to take turns running in and out of my office with their drama.  in the end, i got burned trying to straddle the line between listening to them and giving advice without taking sides.  i feel like such an idiot because i know better than to get involved in that crap.  i guess i thought we were all adults and friends and could handle it.  i was wong.  now, besides trying to get my work done between pumping and exhaustion, i get to have anxiety about sharing an office wall with someone who thought it was ok to repay me for my efforts by yelling at me in my office that he doesn't like me.  i feel so stupid to have misjudged this person.  he seemed like such a friendly, nice, albeit emotional, guy and i thought we were good friends.  this feels like a middle school betrayal throw-back. 
  • i turned 30 a few weeks ago.  i don't have a problem with being 30, but i have a problem with being involved in the above drama at this point in my life.  it makes me feel like some kind of a failure.  also, i missed out on a promotion while i was on maternity leave, which isn't helping either.  i envisioned myself to be beyond these petty insecurities by 30. 
  • P has been bringing up getting pregnant again, which i am all for... this really needs to be a separate post.  and it will be.  i vow to write this post by sunday night!!!
  • money is stressng me out lately.  we seem to be cutting it very close between paychecks.  i am my sister's maid of honor and have dropped major $ on the shower, gifts for two showers, dress and alterations, shoes, and bachelorette party.  aside from that, we booked a vacation this summer with family that needed to be prepaid, we are putting a deck on our house, and both of our cars need tires.  ahhhhhhhh!  time for a m.egamillions ticket.
ok.  petty b*tching over.  it feels good to get it out.  now, on to my day! 

2 comments:

  1. B*tch away - this is why we have blogs! :)
    -The drama with co-workers sound awful, especially since you have to keep going there, every day. If it were just friends that created drama, you could walk away and not call, but colleagues - ugh.
    -have you downloaded google chrome at work to do blogging? I have, and it makes a huge difference.
    -Happy 30th birthday! Drama comes at all different stages in our lives... Don't beat yourself for still being involved in this stuff - sometimes I think it never goes away.
    -Looking forward to your getting pregnant post...
    -A army crawling? Sounds like so much fun - and scary! Please keep asking about Alex crawling, and I'm perfectly happy with her staying immobile for as long as possible. My house is definitely not baby proofed!!!

    Hope you have a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, actually. Makes me feel better that I also deal with high school bullshit and have a dirty house sometimes. : )

    ReplyDelete